Sheriff Uniform

As we organize Sheriff Departments nationally and locally, we need a smart, professional-looking uniform that easily identifies our peace keepers.

Each regional Sheriff department will make their own decision on the type of uniform they want. Funding to pay for uniforms will be drawn from the Assembly bank account. We supply these suggestions here for your comments and ideas on the type of uniform your community would like to use.

Which one do you like? Tell us in the comments below…. Please include the name of your common law assembly if you are a member. We encourage all assemblies to discuss the type of uniform you would like your Sheriffs to wear.

Which one do you like?

38 comments

Skip to comment form

1. I like the blue one particularly in Qld where it’s rather hot

• paul on November 16, 2021 at 5:12 am

uniform 1

• Teressa on December 8, 2021 at 10:28 pm

#4, being that here in Australia you could wear that colour winter and summer. Long sleeves being sun protection in all seasons, if made of the right material it would be either cool or warm at the right times for us. The uniforms would have to be made in male and female patterns not just male pattern as females are not the same figure as makes, that girl for trousers as well.
      I do like the blue, #2, but without the dark blue pocket flaps. However the blue if the shirt uniform of a bus company here.

• wade hodge on November 22, 2021 at 11:16 am

3….it has a badge

• John Rafter on December 6, 2021 at 11:47 am

Number 5

• Tom on December 7, 2021 at 4:31 am

Well the tie and badge on uniform 3 looks the most professional. Might there be a summer version when it’s hot?

If uniform 2 looks okay too (blue like the ‘good sky’)

• Clara Jean on January 11, 2022 at 2:03 am

4 and 5

• Teressa on December 8, 2021 at 10:34 pm

• Karen Lindsay on December 9, 2021 at 1:32 am

5- easy to maintain

• Allan Mutch on December 9, 2021 at 9:16 am

I like uniform number 3 it is distinct and can’t be mixed up with the police uniform

• Gary on December 12, 2021 at 5:01 am

Number 5

• Amanda Eddy-Lacey on December 12, 2021 at 12:42 pm

I like the Blue one (2). I also like the polo shirts for their functionality and comfort (5)

• Malcolm MacDonald on December 20, 2021 at 11:21 am

I like the Grey & 5 both stand out

• Catherine on January 3, 2022 at 1:28 am

5 i like the best, is the badge the same as 3?

• iain salmond on January 4, 2022 at 11:28 pm

Number 5 as its a uniform but casual

• Charles Haege on January 13, 2022 at 11:05 pm

4 is preferable for my perspective

• MARIA XYNOU on January 18, 2022 at 8:00 am

• Magic55 on January 18, 2022 at 12:14 pm

#5 is easier to maintain , looks like it could be cooler and keep presentable in hot weather

• John on January 19, 2022 at 3:35 pm

I like number 4.. but number 1 comes a close 2nd

• Rani on January 19, 2022 at 9:51 pm

5 as so practical, most “officials” have a polo version of their uniform these days, corporate or government.

• Ross Pearce on January 20, 2022 at 8:25 am

Police and current law enforcement officers Deliberately moved to a black uniform as it is more intimidating and is deemed by your unconscious mind to be aggressive, like the Gestapo and SS uniform was.
    I suggest a light Blue uniform with dark blue pants to match. This make us look as though we are not aggressors, and we are there to help in a passive way. It is a known psychological fact. That’s why Nurses and Doctors wear white or blue to pacify their patients.

• Cherie Smith on January 24, 2022 at 5:28 am

Cherie Smith – Common Law Gold Coast
    Uniform 3 but short sleeve for Queensland, long sleeve for Queensland’s winter. A sewn-on badge on the front Chest & top of sleeves.

2. No 5… obviously the green and gold of Australia…

• Robert Thomas on January 25, 2022 at 12:23 pm

Uniform 5

• Katarina Carroll on January 25, 2022 at 10:32 pm

I really like the light blue uniform. Reminds me of something but I can’t quite put my finger on it. Keep up the good work guys! Kat xx

3. I think number 3 the reason for that it’s different from others that resembles state police Brown NT. BLUE BUS DRIVERS white shows dirt to easy so my personal
    pick 3 .

• SuperDave on January 26, 2022 at 10:08 am

One and 3 looks like a USA bad movie. 4 looks like medical , 5 looks like nothing. 2 Blue is True Blue and the thing to Do

• Sandi on February 1, 2022 at 3:58 am

2 Blue looks like the police poo 😆
      3 for winter time looks nice
      4 for summer looks good
      5 reminds me of an Olympic team, could be good as we are for team Australia !

Personally I really like the purple shirts worn by the common law sheriffs in WA on the 31st January 2022
      I wonder where they got them from ??

• Samuel on January 26, 2022 at 10:46 am

I like 5 it looks comfortable for both sexes looks easy to maintain Looking like one of the current politicians, police, military ect…… we don’t need that we are just citizens following the law.

• Bellah on January 26, 2022 at 1:49 pm

I like the #5 shirt for relaxed, casual comfortable to move in. Just change colour to 3 colours, have Red like red ensign flag & stands out or also blue as option, let each personally choose or change in the day (light blue colour in comfy polar is nice too-represent sky) White or yellow for night (represent sun or these cos more visible for dark or lighter for when hot reflect Sun in summer time) or the red is our land represent Red dirt, don’t have anything strict/stiff like Nazi’s, coppers or screws did or have nothing institutionalised or suit like, be calm& chill + freedom

• Rachael on January 26, 2022 at 2:02 pm

All these colours for casual shirt no. 5: pale blue (sky), Red (land), White (represent our stars), Gold/yellow (Sun), dark or navy blue better looks smarter than black, plus is like a neutral colour – let sheriff’s personally choose on the day they will wear for themselves

• paul Baseden on January 27, 2022 at 5:07 am

Number 3 is the better uniform it identifies separate from other law enforcement

• Geoff Fry on January 28, 2022 at 6:30 pm

I like the idea of the t-shirt, this would be easy to carry in the glovebox of a car or a bag.
    You could do a ranger roll of it and it would fit inside tube of some kind…

4. Definitely 5 but different colour and breathable fabric due to our Qld weather

• Marcus Koolen on February 2, 2022 at 3:10 am

Number 5 is my 1st choice
    4, 2nd choice

• TJ on April 23, 2022 at 3:00 pm

Being ex law enforcement, I know what type of uniform is most functional under heavy wear and tear and Cargo pants, polo shirt, soft shell fleece lined jacket and tactical 5.11 boots is the best way to go.
    Blue is good for General Duties Police Officers but I believe the green in #5 is ideal for common law Sheriffs.

I highly recommend 5.11 brand for functionality combined with heavy wear quality.
    You cannot go wrong with the boots, pants and belt displayed in this picture.

• Tim Mandeville on April 26, 2022 at 8:02 am

I like uniform 3. i am a common law sheriff at the Noosa assembly.

• Teressa on May 1, 2022 at 11:51 pm

I like your way of thinking, especially from experience. Always the way to go from that.